Saturday, June 12, 2010

 

Mixed Roots Festival

I'm here in Los Angeles for the Mixed Roots Festival, co-founded and run by bestselling and prizewinning writer Heidi Durrow. Picking Bones from Ash is about many things--travel, family, spiritual seekers--but it is also about "mixed roots," something I understand very well. Selfishly I wanted a book with a heroine who was from different worlds, because growing up it was difficult for me to find novels where characters blended places and backgrounds as I did. Picking Bones from Ash celebrates the reality of a mixed up life.

The festival will be at the Japanese American National Museum in downtown Los Angeles. I read at 3:30 PM. I hope to see you there!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?