Tuesday, May 18, 2010

 

Girls Write Now: Chapter Reading Series

If you are in town on Friday, please come out to the Chapters reading series at the Center for Fiction for the wonderful organization Girls Write Now. This impressive organization recently received the Coming Up Taller Award from Michelle Obama. I'm pretty excited to be a part of the line up, in which young girl writers--and their professional writer/mentors--read their work out loud. Some of you who have known me for a long time are aware of my work in the mentoring field (yep, I edited that), so this is of course very much up my alley.

Maud Newton--that would be the talented, prize winning writer and blogger Maud who the Times named one of the 40 bloggers who really matter (and the only book/literary blogger at that)--has a generous write up of the impending event. And of course it's nice to be back at the Center for Fiction, where I read last fall. This time, I'll be about 30 pounds and one baby lighter. I hope to see you there.

Comments:
Are you going to be reading from your novel, or something new?
 
Hi Adalena--Sorry I'm slow to respond. I did indeed read from the same novel. Hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll read from something new.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?