Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

Linky

A few recent links of interest--my apologies to anyone I've inadvertently left out.

Lillian Slugocki has a fascinating project which fuses fairy tales and feminism and sexuality. These are things that go together, after all. She writes here about her project, and responds to a blog post I wrote earlier on feminism--and my role as a feminist. We haven't met in person yet, but I hope we do some day soon.

Daniel Powell--writer, teacher and blogger--read my mournful cry of frustration at debuting last fall. He responded (I think) by reading my book and posting his thoughts here. This was moving to me on so many levels--that a blog post I wrote could prompt someone to read my book, that someone who writes in a different genre than I do would take the time to read me and to see the "genre" elements in my writing, that he is a guy . . . and that he'd then write about it all.

This post is a bit overdue, but the lovely Sarah Laurence--writer and artist--wrote up some thoughts on my blog and included some gorgeous snowy photographs, that captured the mood of the last part of Picking Bones from Ash. She and I have corresponded and she's a very smart and kind person. I'm looking forward to reading her book.

Comments:
All nice links- thanks! I'm really interested in Lillian Slugocki's project, it looks excellent.
 
You might be interested in what we publish in Fairy Tale Review. Please let us know if you'd like a review copy of any of our work or our editor's work; you can email us via the website, www.fairytalereview.com with an address!
 
Thanks for the link! LAS
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?