Monday, February 08, 2010

 

Back to Business

The very gracious librarian at the Saxton B. Little Free Library in Columbia, Connecticut, wrote to me about my novel, Picking Bones from Ash, and asked for a blog for the library blog. I was a little slow in responding--baby interruption--but was only too pleased to write something new for her and for the library patrons. You can see some thoughts about writing and grief over here.

I have an essay called "Compartment Comportment" coming out in the inaugural issue of the Asian American Literary Review this April. The essay is--as the title suggests--about how we comport ourselves when living in compartments (I had fun with that title). You can read the intro of the essay over at the Discover Nikkei; the essay appears in installments and the first part runs today.

I'm pretty damned excited to appear on February 15th at 7:30 at the very awesome Greenlight Books in Brooklyn. Blogger and feminist Amanda ReCupido will talk to me about . . . feminism. You might remember an interview I did with her a while back--and a follow up little post I wrote on the subject. This will be my first time back out and about as a writer since having a baby and I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see you there.

Comments:
Congrats on Compartment Comportment--such a great essay!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?