Sunday, November 15, 2009

 

Sunday Asia Pop Moment

I'm going to be doing a reading in December at the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn. It's part of the Largehearted Boy Reading series, and you might remember that I did a playlist for the Largehearted Boy site--complete with lots of J-pop.

Well, I was craving one particular pop tune today, and looked at Youtube to see what I could find. And lo and behold "I Feel Your Breeze" (my comments on this song here) had a new upload! So I listened . . . and aside from the English chorus, could not understand a thing. It's been a year since I've been in Japan, and my language skills have degenerated--next year I'll be coming with the baby. Believe me. But I didn't think I could possibly be this bad.

And then I realized, this version of the song is in Korean. The song has had a remake.



And the original, with subtitles and scenes from Gokusen.



When I eventually get back to dance class, I'm thinking of recruiting some friends to recreate this with me after a reading some time . . . Hmm. Oh, and music friends. Which key do you like better?

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?