Wednesday, November 18, 2009

 

The Fictionaut Five

The folks at Fictionaut were kind enough to ask me some questions about writing (and trees!) Check it out. A sample:

Q (Meg Pokrass): What story or book do you feel closest to?

A big part of me is always going to identify with stories and books I read and loved as a kid. Even as an adult, I’m looking for that experience of being transported, and it gets harder and harder to find and is complicated by the fact that the adult part of me wants complexity from fiction, from language, situations and character. But if there is one story that I’ve turned to again and again, it’s the myth of Psyche, as told by the Greeks. Most of their mythology concerns male heroes, but Psyche is intriguing. She’s the only mortal to turn into a god. She travels to the underworld and survives. She forces the gods to reveal their true nature to her. And it’s telling that her name is the one we use today when we talk about the complexities of the mind.


For more, on how I try to stay creative, or on my mentor, etc, head over here. (Note: I'm not sure if you need to register to read the blog or not. If you do need to register, I think you need an invite, and you need to be an actual writer).

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?