Wednesday, October 21, 2009

 

Mixed Chicks Chat!

I was incredibly flattered to be asked to participate in a Mixed Chicks chat, a weekly program dedicated to the mixed experience. One of the show's cofounders--and fellow Bread Loafer and upcoming debut novelist (The Girl Who Fell from the Sky)--is Heidi Durrow. The Mixed Chicks also run a yearly Mixed Roots Film and Literary Festival, in which I hope to participate next year.

Give a listen if you like
. I also got to meet Fanshen Cox. I'll also put up the iTunes link once I find it. I had a great time--and it's fun to talk to people who are already mixed about the mixed experience and how in many ways I wrote this book for people like me. The questions were smart, the conversation lively, and I had a wonderful time. You'll also hear me read a snippet of my novel. Enjoy.

Edited to add: A special note to the mixies out there. I didn't get a chance to say this, but here's what I believe.

Any time people have the chance to see a different point of view--to cross boundaries--this is a special kind of power. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You aren't strange; you have a gift. It's always a gift when you can see the relationship between two things that might be hard for other people to see.

Comments:
and i love that i found MIXED CHICKS hair products through mixed chicks chat... www.mixedchi├žks.net
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?