Tuesday, February 03, 2009

 

Polynesian Dreaming

Since returning home from Hawaii, I've been obsessively reading about Polynesia and fantasizing about which other islands I want to visit. I'm hoping for a trip to New Zealand in the future, followed by a jaunt to the Cook Islands, which are said to resemble the Hawaii of 30 years ago (read: unspoiled).

I am trying to share my enthusiasm with my husband. "Look," I said, "at how vast Polynesia is."



He, in turn, was delighted to realize that New Zealand is part of Polynesia and has ever since been making me watch videos like this.



So, that'll work out your quads. And your tongue.

For the uninitiated, this is the New Zealand All Blacks Rugby team, apparently the very best of all the rugby teams in the world. I have now spent a good 30 minutes watching versions of this video. It seems the All Blacks commence every game with this Haka, or war dance. The Irish seem to be capable of nothing else, in the face of this dance-off, but hugging each other.

And then, there is this:



But the question persists: were they true Scotsmen? (Or just models?)

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?