Friday, February 27, 2009

 

The George Bush Hangover

Are you having one? Because I am having one.

Forgive me for being vague, but quite honestly, the bad news just does not seem to stop for my friends. Relationships keep falling apart. The center isn't holding. Arguments. Job loss. Etc. I know that the bad economic news--which seems to know no end--creates for bad vibes and that the more sensitive falter under those circumstances.

I was trying to think back to the 70s to remember if I had an awareness of troubled times. I suppose I recall some tension for my parents, but little of it really transferred to me. I remember one gas line, and cars honking when drivers weren't going to be able to fill their tanks after all. It was an out of body thing--seeing adults so worked up about things that had little impact on me. Like, "Why are you guys so upset when my imaginary world is so vibrant?" The arrogance of childhood.

Are you having bad news? I always laugh when people who believe in astrology attribute bad news to the fact that Mercury is in retrograde. I don't believe in Mercury after all. But I did wonder, earlier this year, if Mercury going out of retrograde might lessen the bad news. It hasn't.

And how about you?

Comments:
I love my vibrant inner life and I am glad that it is mine alone, and that I don't have to share it. :P
 
I love your inner life too.

Oh wait. It's yours alone.
 
There's a new comet. That's never good. ;)
 
Oh no. A new comet.

A new Mark Twain might be born.
 
My husband and I are lucky enough to be in a position where we can help others, thankfully. We are seeing a lot of people in trouble.

What surprises me is the number of people who thought that Obama would snap his fingers and make everything all better overnight. It's going to be a long road.
 
Well, you know. So much good and bad. Lots of risk. But we're hanging in.
Lisa
 
Aw, Heather You are a kind person.

Glad you are hanging in, Lisa. Me too, I guess!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?