Tuesday, January 20, 2009

 

Visual Obama



From the LA Times, the speech as a graphic, with the most frequently mentioned words appearing in large type.

Erica Alexander's inaugural poem will be available for sale on February 6th.

Despite my inherent objection to the idea that Obama's election makes me a better person more deserving of respect, the theme that we should act from courage and love and not fear strikes a nerve.

"in today's sharp sparkle... anything can be made, any sentence begun"


Edited to add: EdAss writes a letter and demonstrates why I adore her.

Comments:
You can create your own here: http://www.wordle.net/. I did one for your blog, but didn't want to put it in their gallery without permission.
 
Permission granted! Though if I'm embarrassed . . .

I tried to make a Wordle for my book because I was curious. It didn't work.
 
Marie's Blog: http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/452800/Marie_Mockett_Blog

My Blog: http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/452807/Scottj.net

Both, I think, are unsurprising :)
 
I love that baseball is so big on your wordle.

Now, that's not my entire, entire blog is it? Just the stuff that is up now?
 
Yes, that's only what's currently visible. Now I'm tempted to write one that digs into the archives. Not that I have any time for that.
 
Re Elizabeth Alexander, our office watched the Inauguration yesterday, and I left after Obama's speech to get some work done. 10 minutes or so later two older men came trundling down the hall at high speed in retreat - "they're reading poetry now!" They were fleeing in fear. Our mass American non-reading public. Why am I not surprised....
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?