Friday, November 07, 2008

 

Finishing Touches and Seeking Cover Art



I've been working on the finishing touches of my manuscript (which, yes, I turned in, but came back to me again), and I'm actually grateful to have had the chance to reenter the world I created. It's fun.

There's early talk of cover art, and on a whim, I poked around on the internet to see what I might find. A search yielded the photo above, from the New York Times, along with an article on natural hot springs in the north of Japan.



There are only a few people who have read my novel, but those who have know that the far north of Japan and its snowy landscape and mineral baths play a key role.

A slide show accompanies
the article, with shots that to me look as though they could have come straight out of my book. Have a look. The model is Anne Watanabe, daughter of Ken Watanabe who you might remember from Memoirs of a Geisha (the movie) and Batman Begins.


Comments:
Yes, you are right. It looks like to me that they were prepared for your book.
However, are you aloud to use one of the pictures for your book cover?
 
wow, what evocative fotos! did you write a japanese historical? can't wait for you to get your cover!! it's so exciting!
 
Anonymous--I know. It's bizarre how much these look like possible shots from the novel!

And, Cindy, yes, these are pretty, aren't they? The novel does have a historical element--and lots of snow. Thanks for stopping by!
 
The first one, with the red gate - perfect for your book. Get Graywolf on it stat.

Miss you - hope the final touches are going swimmingly.

love, Lisa (too lazy to sign in)
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?