Monday, October 20, 2008

 

Scottish Country Dancing. Midnight



I learned to square dance in grade school, and ever since have loved any kind of traditional dancing that involves some choreography and a partner. I've always been jealous of those characters in period pieces who get to dress up and go to dances and write the names of their partners on the slats of a fan.



So, here we are dancing--Scottish country style. That is my orange dress, which I confess to having picked up at the Escada sample sale.



I hope one day to have a party of my own in a Scottish castle where the focus is purely on country dancing--a ceilidh. I imagine all the Americans hiring kilts, and the party lasting till dawn.


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?