Friday, October 24, 2008

 

Congratulations

A huge congratulations to my friend, Angela Choi, who has just signed with super agent Andrea Somberg. Angela and I met years ago when I was teaching SAT prep to kids in San Francisco. Her personal story is hers to tell--and not mine--but let me just say now that that she impressed me enormously as a tenacious, intelligent and individualistic person. I was thrilled for her when she won a scholarship for Yale, and it's exciting to see her talents develop as she becomes increasingly confident and outspoken.

I've been spoiled enough to read an early version of her novel. In it, she goes to great lengths to amuse and entertain her reader, and to upend certain stereotypes we still hold of Asian girls. I'm proud of her and will eagerly follow her success.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?