Sunday, June 15, 2008

 

Everything Is Objectified

A jazz musician friend once asked me if the Japanese had a stereotypical image of what an American jazz singer was supposed to look like. I punted on the answer, but the truth is, we are all capable of stereotypes--no matter our ethnicity.

On a somewhat related note, my friend Isao--in between cooking and feeding--has been scrambling to look for Youtube clips of hysterical Japanese comics. My favorite is the following: Japanese Beyonce.



Here she is again. I might even like this one more.



You PC devotees will have fun figuring out how to put this in context.

One more.


Comments:
we watched all three. the rally monkey says he doesn't get why these are funny. (is it bad that i do?) but he also says he thinks english humor makes even less sense.
 
These brought a smile to my face! I especially liked the grunger grrl outfit for the last one (black sneakers, low-crotched tight jeans and flannel).
 
My husband likes the last one best, too, Andrea.
And Moonrat--let's just chalk up your good sense of humour to your cultural sophistication, shall we? ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?