Monday, May 26, 2008

 

Home



It's Memorial Day, and everyone I know is declaring that "we should be outdoors." I suppose this is true. It's not yet too hot and I don't have to worry about getting sick from humidity, but it's hard for me to think of something like Central Park as "being outdoors."



If I'm going to be outdoors, this is where I want to be: home.

I really thought I was going to end up writing books like John Steinbeck--my connection to this part of the world is so fierce. But it turns out I have a completely different set of stories to tell. This happens to all of us who end up having stories to tell--you always end up finding your own.

Comments:
Central Park is every New Yorker's backyard so it's kinda outside, but I know what you mean when you say that it doesn't feel like outside. Ironically, I do get the outside feeling when I'm under the trees in the hilly part, north of The Lake.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?