Friday, May 02, 2008

 

Congratulations Maud!

Huge congrats to Maud for her well deserved 2nd place in StoryQuarterly's Love Story Contest. I've read the essay; it's smart, insightful and generally un-put-downable and I'm glad it's found a good and appreciative home! Let me go on record right now and say that I wish I could write like she does . . . I look forward to celebrating when I'm back in New York.

Edited to add: I realize the above makes it sound as though I, too, think Maud deserves second place. Obviously, I think she deserves first place, but I wasn't a judge in the contest. As I have said throughout this blog, my English currently sucks and I constantly miss nuances. Give me about a week, and I'll be back to normal.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?