Wednesday, April 16, 2008

 

Feasting

I used to think it was impossible to get fat in Japan. The food is is naturally healthy for you, and portions are small.










Now I know that this is not true. It is possible to get too much food, even of the healthy kind, and to be horrified that you have gained weight! I say this as someone who always manages to get off the plane bloated. I felt even heavier than usual. "All I do is eat," said my grandfather. It was true. All we did was eat. This is natural, since a good part of the trip was dedicated to introducing Gordon to family members who, in turn, celebrated with us via food. After about a week of this feasting, I was free to cut back and eat only what I wanted and that, along with walking and walking and walking in Tokyo, has made me feel much better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?