Monday, March 03, 2008

 

Waking Up Cold



I'll be in Japan for most of the month of April. Last time I went, I missed the peak of the cherry blossoms--they bloomed too early. The forecast looks very, very good timing wise. We are checking the maps daily now.

My mother is following the maps too and sent me the following email.
It looks like you are going to be in Japan for the best Sakura time. Did you understand the relationship with Sakura and weather? The winter has to be cold or the waking up is going to be delayed. Because the cold does wake up Sakura from the comfortable sleep. Once they are awaken with the cold temperature snap, then they wait for the temperature to rise so they can open the bud to bloom.

Fingers crossed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?