Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

Suntan Apples



I love suntan apples.



Actually, all I ever manage to do is to photograph them. I never end up shelling out the money to actually buy one. And I would have difficulty eating them. But I think they are pretty cool.



Here are some fancy ones that I think were designed for a wedding gift--tortoise and crane and all. I guess if someone gave these to you, you'd have to eat them.

My Mom sent me the following email:

I saw your BLOG and I thought I should give you some information.

The first photo: says KOTOBUKI. It signifies long life, good luck and
can be use for wedding, birthday, and congratulating somebody on
appropriate occasion.

The second: says PRAYING TO SUCCEED ON THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION. You
can guess when one would use them.

The third: You are right. The pictures are crane and turtle. Both
animals live long so these pictures imply longevity and can be used
for Wedding, KANREKI (60th Birthday), BEIJU (88th Birthday), and even
to celebrate the arrival of a new baby into the family.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?