Monday, February 11, 2008

 

Capricorns Are Boring

Periodically, someone asks me what my sign is. When I tell them I am a Capricorn, they look surprised. "I wouldn't have guessed that," they say. Then they go on to tell me that I must have some other rising sign or moon thing going on.

Here are the characteristics for a Capricorn as described by Wikipedia:
prudent, responsible, realistic, very wise, formal, patient, methodical, disciplined, traditional, cautious, conventional, hard-working, polite, persevering, ambitious, dedicated, focused, honest, dependable, serious, self-reliant, businesslike, career-oriented, authoritative, conscientious, and competent.

Yay. Here are the appropriate careers for me.

scientist, engineer, manager, civil servant, mathematician, farmer, sport players, voice actor, builder, politician, or director

Civil f*ing servant? Are you kidding me?

Here's another inspiring description:
Capricorn is one of the most stable and (mostly) serious of the zodiacal types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. These hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering, and cautious to the extreme persons, are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary to accomplish a goal they have set for themselves. They are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. They are the major finishers of most projects started by the 'pioneering' signs; with firm stick-to-it-ness they quickly become the backbone of any company they work for.

Blah, blah, blah. Am I really this kind of rigid, uninspiring, calculating completely unromantic character? I don't think so. Elvis was a Capricorn. So is David Bowie. Are they . . . dependable? This is why, try as I might, I can't get into astrology. This is not the person I want to be, and not the person I am.
They are capable of great endurance; a whatever it takes, for as long as it takes persistence. Reliable in any profession they undertake, but lacking in originality, they usually excel in following up on what someone else has started.

I'm unoriginal. I don't like innovation. I might as well give up.

Comments:
lol. yah capricorns get a bad rap, huh? i think cappies come in all shapes and sizes, however, they do have some common threads. i think they have great personalities, great senses of humor, and yearn for excitement in life. but there seems to be some force that tells them to snap out of it and be more serious...and it ties them down. i think dif capricorns are controlled by different levels of this "force" (i guess you could call it saturn's influence) and at different times of their life. and that's why you get a variety of capricorns. those less controlled by it are more adventurous and those more controlled by it are much more traditional and serious.

i also think capricorn energy expresses itself differently in guys and girls. cap girls tend to be more free-spirited than cap guys. maybe the guys respond to the "fatherly" energy of the sign by being more patriarchal and domineering, whereas cap girls respond to that energy by feeling empowered and free.

overall, though, i think it's a great sign. they're known for their intelligence, wit, and leadership abilities. oh and not to mention class and sense of style. not too shabby, eh?

btw, i'm a scorp who happens to have a weak spot for cap guys ;)
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?