Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Goodbye Migraine

Today is the first day since December 18th that I woke up sans pain.

It is so exciting that I decided to blog about it.

I feel that usual rush to make the most of the time that I have and take a little better care of myself and be a better, friendlier person in general.

If you suffer from migraines, then you know what an intense rush and feeling of gratitude it is to be clear of pain and to be fairly certain that tomorrow will be the same.

I should also mention that I've had no coffee in a week and no Excedrin. I think that these things--along with a few other preventative measures--are going to make a difference. We are a medication addicted society. I love that my doctor, whom I saw today, wants to find the right meds for me, but doesn't want to put me on some kind of heavy regimen. Medicine is here to help us when we need it, but we really are best figuring out how to be healthy without pills.

And if I sound a little bit ditzy in this post, it's because I am.

I'm so relieved and thrilled to be alive and capable again it makes me giddy. I actually suspect that if you ran some tests on me, you'd find that I am high.

I'm going to a dance class tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?