Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Trendwatching: Elf Shoes



I saw shoes like this quite frequently in Tokyo on the feet of the most fashionable men. Out of the cities, I ran into these shoes less often.



Essentially, they have very pointy toes, are somewhat loosely constructed, so the foot looks "flat," and have really long laces that are looped around the body of the shoe several times.



Tapered shoes in general seemed to be popular with young men in Tokyo (a version of the Fall and Winter 2005/2006 Prada shoe). But this elf shoe thing is a pointy beast unto its own.

Personally, I thought it was an interesting fashion statement. I like tapered shoes because they elongate the leg, though I know that for the moment, women's fashion is focused on round-toe pumps. But I also know that pointy-toed shoes aren't for everyone.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?